Project number: 2019-1-IT02-KA204-063179
Implementation period: 01.11.2019 – 31.03.2022
According to the PIAAC Survey of Adult Skills a significant number of European adult citizens struggle with basic reading and writing, calculation. In addition to that, the lack of digital skills among these adults is also a problem worth considering which acts as a drawback in their every-day lives.
The COMP-UP consortium, having previous experience with disadvantaged and low qualified adults, suggests that updating competences of Adult Education Professionals (AEP) who support adult learners is a reply to improve the literacy, numeracy and digital skills of this target group.
Aims of the project:
The main objective is increasing the motivation of low-qualified adult learners to take part in education and improve their literacy, numeracy and digital skills.
- COMP-UP Tool collection, a collection of already developed EU and NA projects, tools and methodologies in the motivation and skills assessment field and a guide for AEPs on how to apply them when working with low-qualified adults.
- COMP-UP Training Curriculum – to supply competences to AEPs to develop effective outreach, guidance and motivation strategies for low-qualified adult learners and to use skill assessment tools in the literacy, numeracy and digital area.
- COMP-UP Online platform – to create a network of AEPs and to share and valorise the Outputs, Webinars and the selected EU and NA projects and tools in the field of motivation and skills assessment at EU level.
- COMP-UP Motivation Toolkit – a practical resource for AEPs to implement Motivation workshops to low-qualified adult learners, with step-by-step description on how to carry out the activities.
- Low-skilled, low-qualified, unemployed young adults,
- Adult educators/ adult training organisations
CO&SO – Italy (Coordinator)
JAW – Austria
DANMAR COMPUTERS SP. Z O.O. – Poland
ALMERIA ACOGE – Spain
Fundatia Centrul Educational Spektrum – Romania
FOLKUNIVERSITETET STIFTELSEN VID LUNDS UNIVERSITET – Sweden